This eBook consists of 8 videos and 82 interactive pages with explanations and tasks. As this module had to teach mainly how to do intensive vegetable gardening (round garden) aiming at improving livelihoods and understanding the negative consequences of bush burning and wrong agricultural practices which lead to stronger erosion and less soil fertility we focused on the following teaching targets and learning objectives:
- Planning, organisation and implementation how to build a round garden as a community effort.
- Learning practical steps how to build and construct a round garden and putting it into practice.
- Introducing new vegetable varieties and species.
- Learning how to do intensive vegetable gardening aiming at improving livelihoods.
- Understanding the negative consequences of bushburning and wrong agricultural practices (maximum tillage) which eventually and ultimately lead to stronger erosion and less soil fertility.
- Understanding that intercropping, e. g. maize and beans, strengthens soil fertility.
- Promoting the stock keeping of seeds to encourage and foster long term planning.
- Introducing the idea of a „value chain“, e. g. by producing flour from cassava roots which can be eaten or sold during drought.