Let us introduce you to the new eBook on operation and maintenance of the valley tank, which contains 9 videos and 74 interactive pages with explanations and tasks. As the goal of this module was to increase ownership and sustainability, to reduce vandalism and to regulate access for livestock we focused on the following teaching targets and learning objectives:
- Learning how to operate and to maintain the structure of a valley tank, e. g. repairing the fence.
- Learning the importance of proper communication among communities and the government and overcoming misunderstandings.
- Learning the consequences of proper maintenance in comparison to total neglect with extremely harmful consequences.
- Teaching rules for maintenance and drawing consequences in real-life situations.
- Learning the importance of ownership, initiative and taking responsibility for their “own” valley tank.
- Transfer of traditional knowledge to the actual organization of watering herds at a valley tank.